Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I never cook ??!!

So Adele and our kids are sitting at Starbucks, outside of course because it is gorgeous, and Matthew says "mom, you NEVER cook anymore!" So, sipping our sinful smoothies with whipped cream and a zillion calories, I think, humm what about the pork loin and potatoes last week, and the pork chops I grilled with fresh rosemary with brown rice? Does that count? OK I admit, I don't cook EVERY night anymore b/c I work full time, but I do cook and we have leftovers when I don't cook.
Of course after that remark, here I am tonight while Bruce and Matt are out running, I am cooking fresh collard greens and have a chicken roasting in the oven. I am using some of my herbs from my window herb garden and feeling quite like the GOOD MOM!

Did I say that I am very happy that my "shy Matthew" is now outgoing, outspoken and full of spunk and confidence.? I am actually very glad for his commnent. He is a very normal tween.

No comments: