Monday, June 29, 2009

mornings...


Mornings...I have been known as a "night owl" for years. I did work the night shift, so of course I am a night owl. BUT, this year, after starting my first day job in a long time, I have become a morning person. Yes, really, I am up everyday, weekends included, summer, etc... wide awake and moving. Well, today, for the first time all summer, I decided to sleep until 9am, really late. Michael was up before me when I came down. These are his thoughts on my sleeping in:

"Mom, what if I had been sleep walking and lit a match in the garage and I died and you were sleeping" "Mom, I was thinking about making myself a fried egg sandwich or a bunch of eggs for everybody" (YIKES!) "Mom, what if someone like caught the house on fire and you were still sleeping?"


Well, if that isn't proof that I truly am up before the kids everyday, then I don't know what is. Obviously Michael is too young to remember my "night shift days" the other 2 are more than fine with being up while I am asleep....

No comments: