Monday, March 26, 2012

Bruce landscaped this pathway for me. I envisioned a pathway to  highlight the tree, and Bruce found a way to do it. Then our friends, the Rollins, installed lighting in the tree. It is so beautiful, now, day & night. It provides a canopy over the patio and I love to sit out there at night listening to 80's music and relaxing. This weekend I sat out there, as I always do on the weekend. My thoughts were of Liz & Joshua Miller. I thought a lot about Liz, so young, so sweet, now left to raise their beautiful children. I, like so so many, have been praying for her so much. I did not know Joshua well, however, he and Liz were the first 2 people I connected with when we joined Seacoast church, and they made an indellible mark on my life.

I felt confused and guilty when we decided to leave Catholicism, and join Seacoast. It was an entirely different way of worshipping. One Sunday, during response time, I was grappling with our decision and I decided to go to the back and pray with the prayer team. There was Joshua & Liz, half my age, so young, yet so sincere. I poured out my heart to them; they listened and prayed for me. I was immediately blindsided by how deep and how far along in their faith they were. I continued to pray with them Sunday, after Sunday, each time coming away stronger, with a clearer vision of what God wanted for our family. They were so kind and giving. I will never forget that.....

Now I am praying for Liz. My heart aches for her and her loss. I know her strong faith will carry her. If you have encountered someone who has impacted your life, please share that with them. Seeing Joshua's life end so abruptly reminds us all how short our time here is.

Blessings,
Joanne


No comments: