Tuesday, December 23, 2008

WHAT ARE YOU DOING A FEW DAYS BEFORE CHRISTMAS???











I, like most moms out there, am tying up loose ends before the man with the red suit and long white beards comes.... Thanks to my friend, Gigi, I got motivated to finish all shopping including groceries last night. We both agreed we'd be staying up and wrapping gifts into the wee hours of the morning...and I was. Went to bed at 3am, but all gifts are wrapped, lots of good food to share is in the pantry/frig, supplies for baking and sharing with neighbors, and the BEST part- I got to sleep in today!!!! So... after two cups of Godiva Chocolate coffee ( a gift from a parent at my school), breakfast with the kids & reading the paper (PURE LUXURY), I did what most of us do, LAUNDRY & CLEANING. Then a break to play HORSE and 21 with the boys outside, baking sugar cookies for the kids to decorate tonight and have with hot cocoa, call my sisters and brother and plan for Christmas Eve and Day, call my mom, of course and come to the realization that NO cards will go out this year. Oh well, some things just didn't get done. We have spent time together laughing, eating, playing, shopping, etc. Tonight we will go as a family for the children to pick out gifts for each other, a fun tradition. Then we will head to Starbucks downtown and take hot chocolate with us to Marion Square where the beautiful tree and decorations are.





Tomorrow night, we will go with Nana to children's mass, surrounded by many friends and focus on the true meaning of Christmas. Then anything left undone, will pale in comparison to the true meaning of this season & all we will remember will be the love and laughter we've shared.

No comments: