Friday, January 9, 2009

Did you know....
















DID YOU KNOW CHARLESTON HAS THE ONLY TEA FARM IN AMERICA? I did not... DID YOU KNOW ABOUT THE VINEYARD??I didn't. So we (Bruce, of course) decided to check it out. So we (Bruce actually) researched it and planned a day trip to Wadamalaw Island last Saturday.
Don't you just LOVE family outings????Can you imagine that our kids did not really enjoy our outing to the Tea Farm on Wadamalaw Island? or the visit to the vineyard? or eating that day at the Fat Hen?Hummm...
Well, these are GREAT places to see & I am going back this summer! I want to see the tea plantation and vineyard in action. Maybe taste some of the wine, Oh yes you know I will be doing that!! Believe me, the kids will thank me if I let them stay home, but I will certainly drag them back out. By the way, if anyone is reading this, I invite you and your children to come with us!! It would be sooo much more fun with other kids,esp for mine! If they are not interested in the wine and tea making process, I have at least done my job if I expose them to these opportunities in our home town, and educate them, right? Then they can make an informed decision/opinion based on fact.I wish I could write that we had a wonderful, educational experience, however, that would be a BOLD FACE LIE. In actuality, Bruce & I loved it! The boys enjoyed parts of it, Morgan endured it and counted down the minutes until we got home. Oh well, at least they DID see the only Tea Farm in the US. We all got some exercise and the Fat Hen on John's Island ( Maybank Rd to be exact) has scrumptious food and I highly recommend it for brunch.

1 comment:

Chelsea Gour said...

That is hilarious! I love that you are not afraid to admit that your kids hated it! The home school group went and said it was a wonderful field trip...we missed it. Oh, well. I'd love to go with you some other time...and I will drag my crew along too!