Thursday, November 3, 2011

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/393502_2539269885885_1377780550_2862307_89456503_n.jpg

Last night we received lots of gifts! We had facebook posts of encouragement. We had the promise of dinner today prepared by my FoJo family, phone calls from family & friends.....

The doorbell sounded at dinner time, and my friend Carol was on the porch, smiling, of course. She is "heartfelt" fun loving and awesome. We ate pizza,laughed and shared our DAY 2 of prayer together, so warm and wonderful. We did homework with Michael and talked. What a gift!

I woke up to take Bruce to MUSC for his tumor marking surgery, and Rhenabeth had written sweet note of encouragement. Morgan sent me a text, I am blessed. I am in the waiting room, not sad, hopeful! And thinking, because I over think and overanalyze... The medical community has been my life for so so long, over 20 years I have been at home in hospitals and as a caregiver. It is both familiar and strange, however to be on this end. To see the radiation markings on my husband, to wait in the waiting room for him to get out of surgery, to see others start IV's or access his port; procedures that for many years I performed as a nurse to the many children in took care of who had cancer. I had no idea how it felt to be the family of the patient. I remember that every shift I prayed that I would be able to see Jesus in every patient I took care of, and that I would be able to provide the best care for them I could. Some days were
better than others, but I used to think," it is a 12 hour shift for me, but it is this family's life...." a reminder to myself....I hope all Bruce's caregivers feel and come to know how appreciative we are for what they do. And I hope they see Jesus in Bruce!

I

It really is NOT so bad on this side. Not when you have the family & friends we have. We are surrounded by family and friends, and we are grateful

No comments: