Monday, January 30, 2012

I feel so for Bruce, he has such a complicated surgery ahead. February 16th is the date. We spent 8 hours today at MUSC getting all the information and meeting with all the new doctors and health care professionals in our lives. Persons who were complete strangers only yesterday, are in charge of our future today. I asked the question, you know the taboo question today of Dr. Esnaola. I asked him if by June Bruce & I would be back out on the boat without a care in the world?? I know it is crazy, but we really want to turn back time, we really want to be floating around in the harbor watching the sunset....but Dr Esnaola's answer was "we just have to take it one step at a time" He doesn't know that I am impatient, that Bruce is the patient one. February 16th Bruce will enter the OR with the best surgical oncology team in the southeast. They will work for many hours to remove the tumor and any cancerous tissue. They will be guided by God and will probably not ever know all the prayers that have taken us to this point. They will use their talents and skill, they will give Bruce the best possible chance of becoming cancer free. Dr Esnaola assured us he will take out what is necessary, no more, no less. More chemotherapy? Yes, most likely. But this, I know, WE WILL be back out on the water this summer, watching the sunset. We will, and we hope we will be celebrating the healing power of God.

2 comments:

Leigh Sharkey said...

I am believing with you in prayer! You will be back on the water this summer, Bruce will be healed in the name of Jesus! I am so humbled by your strength, your faith, and your spirit! I will continue to pray for Bruce and the family and you let me know if there's anything else I can do! So proud to call you a friend!

Mom said...

I too agree with Leigh and add my faith for Brue's total healing in the name of Jesus. PTL