Monday, February 13, 2012

I am not sure why we have this picture on our computer. I  am sure Bruce has a reason for it. I do know this; the RING represents a bond, a bond of shared adversity. It is a bond built by years of hardship and rigor at the Citadel. It is really not much different than a wedding ring. The wedding ring often represents a bond of shared adversity. I will be handed both rings on Thursday, when Bruce is wheeled into the operating room. He knows he can trust me to hold on to both rings, to cherish them, because I know what they represent. I know. We have a bond, one of shared adversity, one of shared triumphs as well. We have no doubts, no fear of the surgery. We have prayed and prepared. We have been loved and supported by many. I will be in the waiting room, with our beautiful children, as well as Bruce's family. We will be smiling, and we will be positive. We have faith and our journey has reached the pinacle of the staging of cancer: the removal of the tumor.


Thank you all for walking in faith with our family, for taking the time to read my thoughts and for your support. My wish is that we will all grow in faith and in knowledge of God's hand in cancer care and healing. I will continue to update during the hospital stay.

A special thank you to my own children. As I anticipate all that is ahead, I admitted to them yesterday that I know I will be short with them at times, I will get tired and irritable. Each of them told me they understand. Each asked what they could do to help, and offered to do whatever was needed. That is joy in the journey!
Joanne

1 comment:

Denise said...

Bruce, Joanne and family,

May God give each of you strength, peace and the comfort of HIS love as you face the unknown days ahead. Our prayer warriors are united and strong. May that alone give each of you some comfort in knowing that you are surrounded with love and prayers from family, friends and many, many others who have you on their hearts. Continue to stand on your Faith, it will never fail you. We love you guys. Denise & Barry