Sunday, April 8, 2012

The blessings of boys, and brothers.....











When I reflect on my boys, many things come to mind.....boating, risk taking, sports, music, building, creating, tools....life is very interesting with boys! They challenge you to try new things, they invite you to take risks. I love the blessing of having both genders, and I revel in the uniqueness each brings to our lives. I discovered a love of boating and the water with Matt. I have the joy of the piano and cello with Michael. They are constantly trying new things, keeping me on my toes, and leading us into exploring new places and hobbies.

So many people have asked "what can I do to help" now that Bruce is not as active as he usually is? I am concerned about the boys not having their father ready to accompany them on the boat, or a camping trip. I am concerned about Matt, being 15, and in need of mentoring. God, of course, provides everything we need. I always admired my brother, Chris. We were never as close as I was with my sisters. He is a wonderful father,husband, and brother. Anyone reading this who knows him, is aware that he has a magnetic personality, that just draws others to him. God steered my family into a home right accross Harvorview Road from his family a little more than a year ago.We have strengthened our relationship with each other and our families.   We love his family! It has been a huge blessing to all of us. We are constantly back and forth, the boys playing, sharing meals, fun times, and lots and lots of laughter.


"What can I do for Bruce?" Chris asked me. I told him exactly what was needed: mentor the boys. Mentor the boys the way he does his own. He is a strong role model. He has reached out in so many ways to them. He takes Michael shopping to staples & lowes, because he knows Michael loves to go. He goes out on the boat with Matt, invites him camping with his son, and never seems too busy to take time with them.

So, Bruce can relax and take the time to rest during this round of chemotherapy. He can rest assured that God has once again, placed the perfect person, at the perfect time, in our path.

Enjoy your boys today. Love them for their boundless energy, their sense of adventure, their fearlessness.....
Happy Easter!
Joanne


P.S.
And, for anyone wondering how Bruce is doing....well, he is really really feeling the effects of the chemotherapy this time. He is asleep on the sofa, as I blog. He went to church today, but had to leave a little bit early. He is not one to complain, he is still smiling, but he is suffering, I can tell.

No comments: