Thursday, April 26, 2012

humility





Why do I have these dinner pictures followed by the disheveled picture of me on the phone? Well, they are not in the correct order...you see, the top pictures represent one of my favorite quotes: "Begin with the end in mind...."

I woke up one weekend feeling very down. One of those days...and I wanted to have a pity party, I really did. I planned to. I was having my coffee on the deck and feeling sorry for myself. Then, I thought, I can't do this, I can't go down this road...I need some inspiration. So I decided to call my friend, Saralyn. Saralyn is experiencing a lot of challenges right now. She is a strong Christian and a very smart person. I did call her, and I poured out my heart to her. I said something like "we should just go somewhere fun and get away..." She did the most wonderful thing a friend can do; she let me know just how much she cared. So much, that she let me know that NO we cannot run from our problems, our family, not even for a moment, not even emotionally, not at all. She encouraged me to run to them, towards all the emotions, the stress, the angers, and to give it all to God. He certainly is strong enough, large enough and more than able to take it all from us.

Thank you friend....the photos of the family happily eating dinner on the patio- I took your advice. God did the rest....He encouraged me and guided me to cook a wonderful dinner, and create a peaceful place right on my patio to serve my favorite people.  In essence, we CAN do all things through Christ!

Joanne

No comments: