Thursday, February 16, 2012

I cannot remember the last time I had such a long and exhausting day. Bruce, myself and the kids watched all our favorite Wednesday shows last night and laughed...then we came here to MUSC around 530 with Gayle. It was such a long surgery, 8 hours of operating time. I love the way MUSC takes you into a private room to speak to the surgeon. He was sompatient, so kind. He removed the tumor which was tethered onto the colon, so it was more difficult than he anticipated. We will know more when the pathology results come back. Then we will know if he will need more chemotherapy. lymph nodes were removed. so now we are in the Ashley Tower. For those not local, it is a stat of the art facility with a view of the Ashley River. I can actually see the mouth of the tidal creek we live on from this window. that is a blessing to have a view. Pain is well controlled with narcotics and with an anesthesia block. the usual IV's, drains, oxygen....to be honest I feel right at home here at my old place of employment. I love taking care of post op patients, ESP Bruce. Thanks for all the help and prayers Joanne

No comments: