Saturday, October 9, 2010

The truth hurts......




















I spend lots of time enjoying the kids and thinking about how it will be when they are grown and gone away from home. I am so thankful for each one of them and all they have taught me in life. I never thought about the Cello, until Michael decided he wanted to play it. I always wanted a piano in the house, but would not have gotten one if he had not started lessons. Boiling crabs? not me, until he caught 6 blue crabs off the dock. I could not bring myself to eat them, but I did boil them for him. Yes, I admit, I love football, but it is hard to watch the tackles sometimes...I pray he is enjoying his childhood, I hope he learns a lot, I hope he feels unconditional love...Last Sunday after church he said he knew what I "needed to work on" I was afraid to ask, but he was not afraid to tell me. " You are too snappy" he said. " Yes, I am, I have been working on that my whole life, Michael" Ouch, it was soo true and so hard to hear. I AM SNAPPY!! So since that day, I have worn a rubber band on my left wrist and when I am snappy to anyone, I give my self a snap. Yesterday Michael noticed it and asked about it. I told him what I was doing. He said" So that's why you've been so much nicer!" Love hurts.







No comments: